Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Cattle Show

This week I caught a glimpse of what it must be like to be someone on TV. The Cattle Show is a weekly program on RFD TV that focuses on items of interest to cattle producers. This show segment was hosted by Thom Childress of Groom Texas.



The segment of the show I am part of centers around BVDV testing for cattle. They shot the segment in an old barn.

It was interesting to see them set up all the cameras (I must have more than one good side), teleprompters, & microphones. I am guessing that the air time I will get out of this show will be about 5 to 7 minutes. Including set up time it took right at 2 hours to shoot it.


Though the material I covered is stuff I talk about every day, my company required that I work off of a company approved script. Which had to be approved by several departments in the company. The whole process was very enlightening.


LZ, the producer and director of the show, enjoying the plush directors chair. Her daughter is providing the technical assistance with the teleprompter.




Ron Kramer of Camp Cooley Ranch & Bryan McMurtry of Cargill Animal Nutrition seem to be enjoying the "out takes".

For more insight on this event skip over to Panhandle Poets blog. He was also there and has several interesting observations. (click here for Panhandle Poet)

The show will air August 7th at 8:00pm central time on RFD TV (direct TV channel 379). Click here to learn more about The Cattle Show.

Abby The Dog Eats Corn
Be sure and check out Abby The Dog blog