Sunday, September 23, 2007

Vancouver - AABP

This weeks travels took me to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. I was attending the American Association of Bovine Practitioners convention.

Be sure and click on the pictures for a larger view.

I stayed at the Pan Pacific Hotel on the port area of downtown. This view is looking east across town towards another business center in the city.






View looking north across the bay.
The Pan Pacific Hotel sits on the pier where the cruse ships dock. The day I arrived there were two cruse ships loading to sail to Alaska.
A lot of float planes landed and took off from the water beside the hotel.





North Vancouver is just across the bay from the hotel.
A floating gas station for planes and boats.



A cruse ship heading out to sea.

View from my hotel room.


Here is a wonderful panoramic view of Vancouver area. Be sure and click on this one for a larger view.



The inlet to the Vancouver bay area.
You don't normally expect to see a mountain polkaing up above the clouds but here is a picture of Mt Rainier taken from my window seat on the plane. At this point we would have been 108 miles north of Mt. Rainier.
Another picture of Mt Rainier. Though it doesn't show up in this photo, I could also see Mt Hood in the distance. At this point Mt Hood would be 197 miles to the south.
Here is a picture of Lake Chelan. Its a long skinny lake.